Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bucket List

Like many celebrated holidays, I don't see the point of Valentine's Day. No mater what, I end up being alone, whether I am currently single, dating, or in a relationship (frankly I'm not sure what I am right now) it doesn't matter. So, instead of celebrating this meaningless holiday that supports wasteful habits and consumerism, I am permanently reminding myself that life takes you where it wants to - whether you succeed or not depends on your ability to ride the waves so to speak. Today is the day that I will be tattooed by one of my favorite artists: Xoil (Loic) in Thonon-les-Bains, France at Needles Side Tattoo!

I am both nervous and excited - mostly nervous because I have no idea what my tattoo looks like, how long it will take, or how much it will cost. I'm being spontaneous,  I guess.

In other news, I see the mail truck outside, hopefully with my Eurorail Pass! And I have been thinking a lot these last few days about my life and what I want to accomplish, so I started a bucket list:

Amanda's Bucket List:

  • Visit 30 countries by the time I'm 25
  • Work with/train elephants in Sri Lanka or elsewhere in Asia
  • Work with wildlife conservation through www.projects-abroad.co.uk
  • Volunteer in an orphanage
  • Get my Master Diving Certification
  • Get my Paragliding Certification
  • Do research in Antarctica
  • Swim in the Red Sea
  • Swim with great white sharks
  • Touch a whale in the wild
  • Hike to Base Camp (at least) on Mt. Everest
  • Through-hike the PCT
  • Learn 3 foreign languages
And so, with that I leave you. I will be sure to post pictures of my masterpiece when it is finished. Off to get tatted!

-A

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day to all those lucky couples who get to be with eachother today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding The Lacuna © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates