Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Communicating With the French Police

I apologize for being out of contact for the last few days (it seems like a blink of an eye to me, but it probably feels a lot longer for all my adoring fans back home). I will say that it was not my fault - the blame belongs to the French police and the jerks who stole my phone in the metro station. Let me debrief you:

So here I was, minding my own business, trying to get my shit together in the main metro station in Lyon, France. I was approached by four boys (and I do mean boys... the youngest was about 7) and was asked if I wanted to buy a metro ticket from them. I said no, because it was obviously a used ticket, and turned to buy my own, and then BAM - the youngest snatched my phone from my pocket and they were gone before I could turn around. Long story short, a woman called the cops and I was stuck in the police station trying to explain what happened (which I didn´t see) to French police men (who did not speak more than a word of English).

And now I know why French police men are so loved and respected by their people (sarcasm). Any who, I´ll give a quick update on what else has happened. I met a wonderful French/English man in Thonon-les-Bains, France - he was getting tattooed at the same time as me, and we bonded over our mutual pain. He is lovely and kind and proves that all French stereotypes have exceptions - so thank you Chris for making France worth every second of inconvenience that I did experience.

In other news, I stayed with a wonderful couple in Lyon. Mostly, I recovered from my sour first experience while in Lyon, but they walked me around and showed me a good time with their friends later on. I can´t wait to go back and truly experience Lyon! Old town is beautiful there, and I ate the best meal of my whole trip while there (including snail, which isn´t nearly as bad at you would think it is). 

Currently, I am in beautiful Barcelona, and there is a good chance I will never leave! That´s for a new post though. Ciao!

-A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding The Lacuna © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates